Friday, June 14, 2013

12 Days and Counting

For once there are colors outside my window as the sun puts herself to bed.  The sky in Paris is recently rarely lit with the sun, but tonight we are blessed with sun and birdsong.  I've been doing a lot of journaling, praying, and thinking lately.  Twelve days before I part for the United States after a 18-month journey in France.

My thoughts?  I'm gonna miss this place.  Just like every other place where I have lived and fallen in love with the people and the culture and the language.  It is time to pack up my things, though.  Turn the page, start a new chapter, a new adventure, and continue growing and learning along the way. 

Ah, la France.  I never expected to live almost two years here, never expected to work with kids, never expected to learn two languages through the process, nor to find that I am addicted to languages and the people who speak them.  God has pulled me and pushed me and reminded me along the way how important it is to be true to ourselves.  This last part is the biggest reason for why I am returning to the States.

I've done a lot of growing in France, and I have also done a lot of running.  For whatever reason, I have been running from God, from my core beliefs, and my own personal activism.  Returning to the States will obviously not flip any switch to stop my running.  But, I pray and I hope that this new chapter will hold the story of how I continue to discover how to live true to myself, to my love of God, to my core beliefs, and to treating the world and the people in it better and more wholly. 

If anyone is interested in seeing me, I am planning on doing some traveling around the States before I settle down with a real job in Idaho.  Expect some future posts about my ideas for the next several months (walking from Eugene, OR to Loma Linda, CA, anyone?).  Thanks for following me during my time in France!

1 comment:

  1. girl, you move me. what a beautiful unfolding we get to experience. I love how you talked about discovering how to "treat the world and the people in it better and more wholly." More wholly. Your realizations remind me of my own wholeness, and I love that. Thank you so much for opening your life up to share with others!

    ReplyDelete