Friday, August 10, 2012

It's Time

I have been avoiding putting this up on the internet, but I figure that it is time to let everyone know that I am changing families.  Several factors played into my decision to quit at my first job, the biggest one being that I really, really want to learn French.  Unfortunately, I am not as motivated and self-starting as I would like to be and have found it near to impossible to study French while I am speaking German at home. 

My last day with my lovely German/Turkish family ended on the 16th of July.  Their hospitality and kindness to me has been greatly appreciated and I cannot thank them enough for letting me into their home and kids' lives.

I start working for a new French family the first part of September and am living just a 10-minute drive from my previous job.  I have also signed up for French courses and will be starting those September 17th!  God is super amazing, I have been able to find work for the past month and a half before I start with my other job and money has not been a problem.  People have been kind and generous and I feel really blessed.  I am continually blown away how God blesses even when I don't ask.   

So, this means I have a new address, a new schedule, and a new culture and language to work in to!  I am very excited.  The plan is to stay here in France until the first part of July, as long as they extend my visa!  Otherwise, ya'll will be seeing me in January 2013.  Pray that my visa is extended. lol.  If you have any questions feel free to message me.  Thanks for all of your support!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Jaz. It sounds like you are having an awesome experience:)

    ReplyDelete