Monday, June 25, 2012

My Free Concert on the Windowsill

Saturday night I experienced the coolest thing and definitely was wishing that I had you here with me to enjoy it. I was watching something on YouTube with my headphones in when I realized there was something really loud happening outside my window. It's 11 o'clock at night and I am hearing some major noisage in our quiet little domain. My bedroom is pretty cool because it has an awesome windowsill which I have discovered is perfect for sitting on and enjoying the night air once in a while. So, I opened my window, crawled out on to the sill and was welcomed by an 
incredible orchestra and firework display playing in the distance. I have no idea where this was actually happening or how on earth the music was being projected to where I felt like I was actually at whatever party or fest that was going on but it did. And I got to enjoy it all from my peaceful perch in our little park domain. Looking up at the stars, taking a deep breath in of the cool summer night air, I couldn't help but be completely stoked and, joy-filled, that I live in France. I can only think that in France, more accurately, Paris, they would be able to blast music loud enough for three small towns to all hear along with equally as loud fireworks at 11 pm at night. Puts the biggest smile on my face. Wish you all could have been here.

1 comment: